Sunday, May 15, 2022

Being offended

 ‘Being offended, self indulgence’ trgates, 10/09/2021

my feelings are hurt,
while innocents are starving,
whining is a waste. 

'the Beam in your eye'                         timothy r gates,9/28/2014

Looking into the wind,                            
watching another stumble,
then fall,
something lodged in my eye.

Went into the house,
into the bathroom,
looked into the mirror,
but couldn't see anything.

It appeared to be a speck,
a beam, in your eye.
I removed the dust,
and noticed that it was a beam.

Behold.
will look and see
once I work on the other eye.
'I'm offended'      timothy r gates, 8/26/2012 (cutting through the bs, aagain
Lord have mercy: 
when I think my shit doesn't stink, 
sweet like baby shit,
ready to spew
yet you know diapers must be changed.
When I get angry
over another's attack on 'my' political
gal or guy,
as though she/he truly gives a shit.
When my creed, or yours,
is above ridicule -
honestly, what good is a deity
if they're not able to take it?
So you're offended,
thinking your opinion is transcendent beautification?
Maybe -
most likely just personal bullshit,
giving a feeling of in the clouds significance.
I am offended?
A Monk once offered to my complaint,
"When I think too highly of my own opinion."
Lord have mercy,
sufficient for me.
If this offends you,
maybe it's time to change a diaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home